Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sleepless Nights

I am so tired right now. For the past two nights I've had trouble getting to sleep. I know that this is partially because my activities during the day have been so mundane that my body is tired, but my mind is on overdrive. I don't know why I keep thinking the same thoughts and dreaming these dreams. I wake in the morning and I am left feeling exhausted like I've just gone to battle. I don't know what the battle is about. I just know that I'm tired of the feeling.

I'm tired and there's not a lot that I can do about it. I think about the possibility of taking a nap, but now there is no time. Now, there is a job that I know will soon be great. It's in the process of something, but the process and my sleepless nights are not in concert with each other. I just feel like I need a moment of clarity. I need a moment where my head is clear, my sleep is uninterrupted, and my waking hours have more meaning than just being there.

No comments: