Tuesday, May 19, 2009

You Can Breathe Now

I figured I'd have to set some of you at ease. I apologize for not realizing that some people view everything as a death sentence. So here we go.
1. I'm not dying. At least not imminently. One day I will die just like everyone else.
2. When I said the doctor changed the course of my life, she did. I love my doctor because she is such a straight shooter. She's never held back with me and there was no difference yesterday. I was in her office for a total of 15 minutes. That was all it took for her to pronounce something that has changed things. I guess what people don't understand is that a doctor's diagnosis whether it's good or bad is designed to change you. If you get a clean bill of health, you breathe a sigh of relief and mentally check off the things that you can do to continue to do well. If you have high cholesterol, you change your diet, exercise, etc. When she told me five years ago that I had fibroid tumors, endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, and an inverted uterus....well first I tried to figure out what all of that meant. Then, I realized that my life was different. She changed it then and she changed it yesterday. I didn't mean for it to come across like it was the end of the world. But it was the end of the world that I knew until that point. I love everyone for their care and concern. Now it's time to pray.

No comments: