Friday, March 29, 2013

Father Forgive Them

Father forgive them for they know not what they do. Hear my voice now Father. Give me a moment before you let anger consume you. Forgive them dear Lord. Remember You sent me here to save them and to intercede on their behalves. Hear me now precious Father. Please turn away Your wrath. They don't understand who I am Father. Forgive them. They just don't understand.
They whipped me for the liar who claims to tell the truth. He lies so much Father that even I want it to be true. He left work early just the other day, but when he signed his timesheet it was for 40 hours pay. He doesn't understand that the price for those 15 minutes was the very first nail that they placed in my hand. The pain was so excrutiating I thought I would pass out. Instead my ears began ringing from the sound of nail crushing the bones in my hand.
Forgive them dear Father. How was she to know that cussing out that driver would harm me? I still feel the force of those blows. But I'm not angry Father even as I hang. The lashes across my face are dripping blood into my eyes. But I still see her Father she is so angry without a real reason why. The woman that she cussed out had the right of way, but the angry driver used those words because she was having a bad day. Her first word was the short one that begins with s and ends with t. Oh how I feel the pain that that word caused me. The whip pierced my eyesocket momentarily blinding me. But the blood pooling from my face is not merely for her cuss words. They whipped me for everyone who cried Hosanna then crucify Him as if the first word was not heard.
Forgive them Father. It is the only thing to do. They do not understand that this act is about denying you. Father I ask you to consider all of them at once. The liar, the thief, the prostitute, the selfish who are consumed with their own wants. Father, please Forgive them. The pain it hurts me so, but I can't believe they would've hung me if in their hearts they'd known. I sat with you in heaven. I loved them before they were born. I was delighted when they sought you and in their sin I mourned. I didn't want to leave you. Father, you know my words are true. But the love we felt for these Your people was bigger than Me sitting beside You. Father how could they know truly how much they are loved? You sent Me, Your only Son, from heaven to hang here. They couldn't know. Inside my organs are failing, dying one by one. For the cheater my kidney.... for the addict my lungs... The pain is agonizing. Oh heavenly Father the pain.... I can't hold on much longer. Father, can you hear me? Are you there? Have You left me all alone? Daddy! Daddy! Father....please welcome Me back home.

No comments: